You’ve heard of an AMA? Think of this as an AUAMA.
Howard has invited me along to a Motorola event happening in downtown Toronto later this morning, which will almost certainly be about the new Moto G and Moto X Play. Remember, the Moto X Pure/Style edition is not coming to this country, probably because we’re not a big enough market for Moto Maker.
The last Moto event I attended—for the 2nd-gen X and Moto 360 smartwatch—was in a hotel suite where we got some face time with actual execs from the company. Assuming today goes down the same way, it should be a good way for you to get your questions answered, straight from the source.
I’ll post any findings as a reply here. The event is scheduled for 11:30 am, so get your questions in quick!
Here’s a rundown of notable specs for each device, from their respective product pages:
- 5 inch 720p display @ 294 ppi
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 410 quad-core CPU, Adreno 306 @ 400 MHz GPU
- 1 GB RAM / 8 GB ROM, expandable to 32 GB with microSD
- 13 MP / 5 MP cameras
- 2470 mAh battery
- LTE Bands: 2, 4, 5, 7, 12, 17
- IPX7 water resistant (!)
- 5.5 inch 1080p display @ 403 ppi
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 615 octa-core CPU, Adreno 405 @ 550 MHz GPU
- 2 GB RAM / 16 GB ROM, expandable to 32 GB with microSD
- 21 MP / 5 MP cameras
- 3630 mAh battery (!)
- LTE Bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 28
And here’s some further reading, via Mobile Syrup:
- Motorola’s third-gen Moto G improves where it counts
- Motorola announces Moto X Play, coming to Canada in August
- Canadian pricing and carrier availability of the Moto X Play and Moto G
I can’t guarantee that I’ll get all, or even any, of your questions answered—if it turns out to be a product presentation in front of a big group then all bets are off. But I promise I’ll do my very best!